BJ's SUPER SHAKE!
This is a fast, delicious, and nutritious super shake that I've been having for my first #ProteinAndProduce meal on most weekdays lately. It holds me over to dinner and it's loaded with superfoods. It's also a nice change of pace if you're sick of starting your day with eggs or meat-based protein. And it will definitely taste better than it looks!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 Koia plant-based protein drink as a liquid base (I love these!)
- 1 cup organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup Siggi's brand Icelandic Skyr Yogurt (full-fat tastes best) or 1 cup plain kefir yogurt
- 2-4 handfuls organic baby spinach
- 2 TBSP. flax meal
- Add ice, water, and/or unsweetened almond milk to taste
- Add cinnamon for the winnamon
- Optional: Add 1-2 TBSP. natural peanut or almond butter
Please keep in mind I'm a big boy at 6'2", 225 lbs. So cut the portions in half or as much as needed based on your size and gender. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!